Monday, February 26, 2007



I've got nothing against freeze-dried food as such. What I hate is freeze-dried meals. Give a gal freeze-dried teriyaki chicken and rice, and she'll eat for a day; give a gal the freeze-dried ingredients for teriyaki chicken and rice, and she'll make something much nicer.

So, I'm getting a dehydrator. And a cheese-making set. Any other recommendations?

Check out the military version. You know you're a tough ass when M&Ms are the gastronomical highlight of your week. Oh, and chicken stew shouldn't be rectangular. I'm just saying.

5 comments:

Linus Paul said...

For additional salt in the wound, we went to 12th Avenue Grill last night. BR has a LAMB PORTERHOUSE (yes, LAMB porterhouse) with fig and mint chutney. I had cinnamon braised short ribs with horseradish mashed.

It was to die for.

P.S. Linus Paul likes horseradish!

Kim Binsted said...

Hey, I'm back soon. Let's make a reservation. Sounds delicious.

Linus Paul said...

Aren't you off again, cruising the island with your mom?

I once got someone a yogurt maker. It was a big hit, and you could make Indian food.

P.S. Sarah came into work with me and is presently wandering the streets of downtown Honolulu. Somehow I think she'll be OK after all those years in NYC.

Kristin Van Bodegraven said...

I don't really have a problem with the rectangular chicken stew. It adds a certain symmetry that I find oddly comforting. You can count on it, you know?

Kim Binsted said...

The cheese-making set actually includes stuff for making yogurt, sour cream, marscapone etc. We'll play with it when I get back.

Yeah, I'll be gone for another week. But after *that*, I could do with a lamb porterhouse. That reminds me... see my next post.